This privacy notice was last updated Dec 2020.
In this Policy:
“Information” means personal information about You that we collect, use, share and store.
“You” and “Your” means you, the individual to whom the information relates.
“We”, “Us” and “Our” means Graffik Gallery Limited whose registered office is at of 5 Broadbent Close, Highgate, London, United Kingdom, N6 5JW. Company registration number is: 10009395.
Information: what do/will We collect
- Your name;
- Your contact information such as Your address, email address and telephone number;
- Your bank/payment details/financial data i.e. Your bank name, account number and sort code;
- Information related to Your attendance of, and interest in, Our events and art fairs;
- Information about You that You give us in person at Our events and art fairs, by filling in forms on Our site www.hanguppictures.com (“Our Website”) (e.g. to sign up to Our mailing list) or by corresponding with Us by phone, email or otherwise; and
- information in relation to Your sale or purchase of art including but not limited to Our art work or use of Our services.
How We collect Information
- You will give Us information when You sell or purchase any art work or visit Us at an art fair;
- In gallery
- In sign-up requests.
What We do with the Information
We use Your information to:
- Provide information about art work and services to You;
- Keep You informed about art work, artists and events that We think You may find interesting;
- Carry out Our obligations arising from any agreements entered into between You and Us;
- Communicate with You;
- Keep Our Website safe and secure;
- Comply with legal and regulatory obligations including but not limited to The Artist’s Resale Right Regulations 2006 (the “Regulations”); and
- For security and to check Your identity.
Legal basis for processing Information
Our processing of Your Information is necessary:
- For the performance of contracts to which You will be a party to and in order to take steps at Your request prior to You entering into those contracts;
- For the purposes of legitimate interests pursued by Us; or
- To comply with a legal obligation to which We are subject including but not limited to he Regulations.
In relation to any other processing of special categories of personal data, We will generally rely on the Legitimate Interests grounds (see below) or if not, by obtaining specific consent from You at the time unless there is otherwise a legal requirement for Us to process such Information.
Where Our processing is based on the legitimate interest grounds, those legitimate interests are:
- Collecting personal information to provide You with a smooth and efficient client experience;
- To make sure You receive updated information on Our business activities;
- To provide the services or information you have requested; and
- For Our marketing and research.
Sharing Your information
Except as expressly set out in this policy We will not sell, distribute or lease Information to third parties unless We have Your permission or are required by law to do so save that We may distribute Information to an artist whose artwork you have bought or sold.
Information You provide to Us may be shared with third party companies, agents, contractors, service providers or affiliated companies if this is necessary to provide You with art work or services, respond to Your inquiries or for any of the purposes described in this Policy.
We may also share Information with:
- Law enforcement agencies, other governmental agencies or third parties if We are requested by them or required by law to do so; and
- Other business entities should We plan to merge with or be acquired by that business entity, or if We undergo a re-organisation with that entity.
Transferring Information outside the UK
Information may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”) and may be processed by individuals operating outside the EEA who work for us, or for Our service providers.
When We, or our permitted third parties, transfer Information outside the European Economic Area, We or they will impose obligations on the recipients of that data to protect Information to the standard required in the EEA or otherwise require the recipient to subscribe to international frameworks intended to enable secure data sharing. In the case of transfers by Us, We may also transfer Information where: (i) the transfer is to a country deemed to provide adequate protection of Information by the European Commission; or (ii) where You have consented to the transfer.
At any time, You have the right:
- To request access to or a copy of any personal data which We hold about You;
- To rectification of Information, if You consider that the information We are holding is inaccurate;
- To ask Us to delete Your personal data, if You consider that We do not have the right to hold it;
- To withdraw consent to Our processing of Your personal data (to the extent such processing is based on previously obtained consent);
- To ask Us to stop or start sending You marketing messages;
- To restrict processing of Your personal data;
- To data portability (moving some of Your personal data elsewhere) in certain circumstances;
- To object to Your personal data being processed in certain circumstances; and
- To not be subject to a decision based on automated processing and to have safeguards put in place if You are being profiled based on Your personal data.
Any request from You for access to or a copy of Information must be in writing and We will endeavour to respond within a reasonable period and in any event within one month in compliance with data protection legislation. We will comply with Our legal obligations as regards Your rights as a data subject.
We aim to ensure that the information We hold about You is accurate at all times. To assist Us in ensuring that Your information is up to date, do let us know if any of Your personal details change at the following email address *.
Where You are one of Our clients or have otherwise agreed to be contacted for marketing, We may use Your Information to send You information about Our events, art fairs and works of art.